Brazil Salmo Plus Natural NY 2/3 SCR 16+ 2020
- UPS Flat
- 65lb Freshness
- Packed & Sealed
Our Brazil Salmo Plus 2020 is a blend of 100% Cerrado region coffees from 12 producers. The coffee was purchased at farm-gate and processed by Volcafe Santos, our sister company in Brazil, in their facility in Varginha, Minas Gerais.
In the Brazil the natural process means ripe and raisin cherries are collected, cleaned and separated by weight at washing stations. The pre-drying process occurs under the sun between 2 to 7 days or more (farmers favor full sun dried process whenever possible) and finalized in mechanical driers followed by 30 days of resting in wood boxes to homogenize the dry coffee.
1. Farm: São Pedro – farmer: Noriberto Ferraresi – town: Araguari – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
2. Farm: Quilombo – farmer: Juscelino de Araujo – town: Araguari – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
3. Farm: Tolardo – farmer: Valdemir Tolardo – town: Araguari – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
4. Farm: Estiva – farmer: Marcelo Giolo – town: Araguai – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
5. Farm: Fortaleza – farmer: Fernando Junqueira – town: Patos de Minas – Minas Gerais state - region: Cerrado
6. Farm: Lenheiros – farmer: Ana Maria Menezes Mendonça – town: Carmo do Paranaiba – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
7. Farm: Agua Limpa – farmer: Ricardo de Almeida Barcelos – town: Carmo do Paranaiba – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
8. Farm: Regional I – farmer: Rogério Machado Arantes – town: Serra do Salitre – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
9. Farm: Castelhana – farmer: Acácio Dianin – town: Monte Carmelo – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
10. Farm: Paraiso – farmer: Rodrigo Ribeiro de Araújo – town: São Gotardo – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
11. Farm: Congonhas – farmer: Agropecuária Congonhas – Town: Ibia – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
12. Farm: Vereda Grande – farmer: João Marcos Sanches – Town: Presidente Olegario – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
The Cerrado Region
Cerrado de Minas is located in the northwest of Minas Gerais state. The region is a big plateau where predominant topography is flat to slightly wavy. The altitude varies from 900 to 1250 meters above sea level.
The combination of well-defined seasons, abundant sunlight throughout the year, advanced farming techniques and entrepreneurial spirit forged the pillars that sustain Cerrado as we know today.
Cerrado also has one of the most complex and diverse regions in the world. The area is home to roughly 5% of all species on earth.
Region Cerrado Mineiro
Mundo Novo, Catuai Red and Yellow, Topazio, Catucai, Acaia
Ratings & Reviews
A five star cup of coffee
This is really good coffee, I drink it in the early morning and have tear myself away from just sitting and enjoying another cup. I roasted it medium and it has everything I wanted in a cup. This thing won't let me give it five stars. Strange isn't it ?
Great roasting and drinking coffee
by Dean Hlltop Roasters
This is a great coffee. Just be careful with time and temps seem to be done quicker than any washed coffee I have roasted being that it is natural. This may be one of my best sellers. Great cup.