- July - Sept 2020
Brazil Salmo Plus Natural NY 2/3 SCR 16+ 2021
- FREE UPS
- 65lb Freshness
- Packed & Sealed
About Salmo Plus Natural
Our Brazil Salmo Plus Natuiral is a blend of 100% Cerrado region coffees from 12 producers. The coffee was purchased at farm-gate and processed by Volcafe Santos, our sister company in Brazil, in their facility in Varginha, Minas Gerais.
In the Brazil the natural process means ripe and raisin cherries are collected, cleaned and separated by weight at washing stations. The pre-drying process occurs under the sun between 2 to 7 days or more (farmers favor full sun dried process whenever possible) and finalized in mechanical driers followed by 30 days of resting in wood boxes to homogenize the dry coffee.
1. Farm: São Pedro – farmer: Noriberto Ferraresi – town: Araguari – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
2. Farm: Quilombo – farmer: Juscelino de Araujo – town: Araguari – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
3. Farm: Tolardo – farmer: Valdemir Tolardo – town: Araguari – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
4. Farm: Estiva – farmer: Marcelo Giolo – town: Araguai – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
5. Farm: Fortaleza – farmer: Fernando Junqueira – town: Patos de Minas – Minas Gerais state - region: Cerrado
6. Farm: Lenheiros – farmer: Ana Maria Menezes Mendonça – town: Carmo do Paranaiba – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
7. Farm: Agua Limpa – farmer: Ricardo de Almeida Barcelos – town: Carmo do Paranaiba – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
8. Farm: Regional I – farmer: Rogério Machado Arantes – town: Serra do Salitre – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
9. Farm: Castelhana – farmer: Acácio Dianin – town: Monte Carmelo – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
10. Farm: Paraiso – farmer: Rodrigo Ribeiro de Araújo – town: São Gotardo – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
11. Farm: Congonhas – farmer: Agropecuária Congonhas – Town: Ibia – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
12. Farm: Vereda Grande – farmer: João Marcos Sanches – Town: Presidente Olegario – Minas Gerais state – sub region: Cerrado
The Cerrado Region
Cerrado de Minas is located in the northwest of Minas Gerais state. The region is a big plateau where predominant topography is flat to slightly wavy. The altitude varies from 900 to 1250 meters above sea level.
The combination of well-defined seasons, abundant sunlight throughout the year, advanced farming techniques and entrepreneurial spirit forged the pillars that sustain Cerrado as we know today.
Cerrado also has one of the most complex and diverse regions in the world. The area is home to roughly 5% of all species on earth.
Read our Brazil Green Coffee Origin Report
Region Cerrado Mineiro
12 Producers - See Coffee Background
Mundo Novo, Catuai Red and Yellow, Topazio, Catucai, Acaia
July - Sept 2020
Ratings & Reviews
by Red Devil Roast
Out of the box I wasn't expecting much honestly. Not sure why, maybe price point maybe ignorance on my part. Boy was I surprised by the intense chocolate notes and hazelnut aroma. Super velvety mouth feel has put this coffee in a class by itself. I'm ordering more right now.
This is the one
Soooo Perfect! I thought i knew and loved the smell of coffee this is next level. The grounds smell like the Milkiest (not a word) Chocolate you could imagine and the flavor is so sweet, non acidic, and smooth I would literally drink it black on an empty stomach all day and never want to stop.