Regional Sales Manager
Volcafe is the one of the world’s leaders in authentic origin coffee. Since the 1800s we’ve led the way as entrepreneurs and innovators, and we’ve lost none of our passion for coffee, trade and sustainable business. Within Volcafe, we’ve started a new business known as ‘Genuine Origin Coffee’. At Genuine Origin, we sell green coffee direct to coffee roasters throughout the United States. Genuine Origin is vertically integrated with trading offices and production facilities across all coffee producing markets and supported by a supply chain to meet the ever-growing demand of coffee. As we look to further expand the Genuine Origin business, we are seeking ambitious, sales professionals to further our market presence.
- • Build and maintain customer relationships: Plan and carry out weekly activities to meet monthly and annual goals for: o number of contacts; customer acquisition; and sales revenue.
- • Promote Genuine Origin coffees: Work with roasters to map Genuine Origin skus to their needs and set up GO skus as standard ‘types’ in a roaster’s portfolio.
- • Build Genuine Origin’s regional brand presence: Actively contribute and be a thought-leader in the regional coffee community to build awareness and interest in Genuine Origin’s brand. This could include leading trade show participation and supporting national trade shows with the team.
- • Gather market intelligence and customer insights: Build CRM capability and gather local intelligence to inform our marketing and sales approach, product and service offerings, and innovation opportunities.
- • Engage with the Genuine Origin team: Continually build and share coffee and origin expertise; there are opportunities for travel to origin countries.
- • New York City/North East, Southern California, or Texas (sorry, no relocation package).
- • Personal investment in coffee, with the ability to speak humbly and authentically about coffee-related topics.
- • Five to ten years’ experience as a coffee professional – barista, roaster, green buyer or cupper – with at least two years’ sales experience.
- • Demonstrable success building account relationships.
- • Highly motivated with exceptional prioritization skills and ability to self-direct day-to-day activity.
- • Understands roaster and café operations and profitability.
- • Desires continuous learning and improvement.
- • Sets and maintains high performance standards.
- • Interested in sustainability and origin topics.
Interested parties should email their resumé to Rich Futrell.
Download this job description.